Reiki Master Teacher Course: Shinpiden
For those who wish to continue their Reiki development to its natural conclusion, Reiki Mastership represents the end of one journey and the commencement of another.
Your Reiki Master/Teacher course is equivalent to a five day course because you spend at least three days (20 hours approx.) working through your multimedia pre-course study programme, and then you spend two days at our course venue to go through the practical energy work.
The pre-course materials consist of a 200-page course manual containing text, colour images, summary sheets and drawings to illustrate the details, a guide to running Reiki training courses, a book of inspiring Reiki articles, two audio CDs, a 30-minute DVD) and a detailed pre-course study guide.
This approach provides you with a complete training in Reiki at Master/Teacher level. You can learn at your leisure, in the comfort of your own home, you arrive on the course well-prepared and already knowing a great deal about Reiki at this level, and then we spend two days working with energy and putting what you have learned into practice.
The basic effect of the Reiki Master attunements is to fully open up your energy system to Reiki, causing a significant increase in the flow of healing energy. This increases the effectiveness of your treatments beyond that achieved at Second Degree level. On top of this, you are attuned to further symbols, and learn additional techniques, enabling you to treat others more effectively, pass on the Reiki ability to others, and fully experience the flow of Reiki through your being.
Basic Themes of the Course
Mastership with Reiki Evolution concentrates on a number of themes:
- The Original system that Mikao Usui taught
- The role of energy exercises and meditations in the original system
- Experiencing energies in different ways
- Using energies on yourself and others
- The use of Symbols
- The use of the Reiki Kotodama
- The power of Intent
- The potential of Intuition
- Western 'attunements'
- Japanese 'empowerments'
- Distant connections and self-empowerments
We begin the course by considering the different ways that we can experience different aspects of the energy: using symbols, using sacred Shinto mantras called Kotodama, and using pure intent. We put this in the context of the original system that Mikao Usui taught and show how energies can be used when working on the self and when working on other people.
Working with Symbols
We include a range of original and non-original symbols on the course, though we don't want overemphasise the use of symbols, because we believe that they have assumed an unnecessary importance within the world of western Reiki. The symbols that you learn on the Master course allow you to send Reiki to heal at the soul level, produce balance in an instant, deal with aspects of karma, and focus energy intensely on the mind or the emotions. During the Master course you will be 'attuned' to these symbols:
- The Usui Master Symbol
- The Tibetan Master symbol
- The Fire Dragon symbol
- Other symbols, channelled by Taggart and others
The Kotodama, or 'jumon', are sacred Shinto mantras used by Usui before the introduction of symbols into Reiki. We show how these mantras can be used when carrying out treatments, we become familiar with their characteristic energies, we discover how they can be used for self-healing and spiritual development, and we learn how they can be used in conjunction with Reiju empowerments
The Power of Intent
We spend some time working with Intent, and go through various exercises that help to 'open our eyes' to the simplicity and power of Reiki, and the importance and versatility of intent in terms of directing the energy and experiencing different energies.
The Potential of Intuition
We spend some time talking about how to develop intuition and give some suggestions for moving beyond the basic "Reiji ho" approach. We will practice working intuitively in a number of different ways and introduce a method where we can directly perceive someone's energy system, and we also explore some "mind's eye" visual shortcuts.
Various other techniques
The comprehensive course manual summarises a number of different 'non-Reiki' techniques that have been introduced into Reiki over the years, or techniques that can be used with Reiki. The main areas are as follows:
- Healing attunements
- Reiki 'psychic surgery'
- A Reiki 'microcosmic orbit' meditation
- Reiki and crystal healing grids
- Pendulum dowsing
Western-style 'Attunements' and Japanese 'Empowerments'
Mastership allows you to pass the Reiki ability to others, and you will be using the course manual (with step-by-step instructions, digital images, drawings and summaries), the Audio CDs and the DVD to make the process as straightforward as possible. You will practice the attunement process in advance of the course and on the day of the course itself you will demonstrate your knowledge in different ways and receive practical guidance and pointers to make sure you are comfortable with the stages involved.
We use the example of a Second Degree attunement as a focus for teaching, then going on to talk about the differences between that attunement and those at First Degree and Master levels.
The Western-style attunement process is not the only way to convey the Reiki ability to students. The Reiki Evolution Master / Teacher course also includes training in the 'Reiju' empowerment process that has been passed to us by Usui Sensei's surviving students. Reiju empowerments represent a wonderful, simple, elegant, powerful and inspiring method that can be used as alternatives to the Western-style attunements at all levels.
We also consider the use of distant attunements and empowerments, and explore different methods that can be used to empower the self.
The Audio CDs
Our Master / Teacher course is accompanied by two audio CDs that contains an hour of commentary and 45 minutes of meditations and instructions, for example two tracks which talk you through carrying out a Reiju empowerment and a Western-style Reiki attunement.
By having on CDs the main things that are said to you on the day course, you are focused on the important themes of the course before you arrive for your two days of live training, and you can 'take your course home with you' to review once you have returned home, and during the following weeks and months after the course. You won't forget what you were told on the course because it is all there for you in black and white in the manual, you can hear it on the audio CDs and watch it on the DVD at home!
The attunement and empowerment guides talk you through the various stages, just like Taggart will do on the day of the course. So instead of fumbling around trying to read the instructions in your manual while trying to keep in the flow of it, you can simply flip on the CD and follow the instructions.
You will thus learn effortlessly through doing, and your practice attunements and empowerments will flow all the more easily because of this.
The Course Manual
Each Reiki Evolution course is accompanied by a comprehensive manual which covers everything we deal with on the training days, and more besides, so there is no need to take notes. Note taking is so unsatisfactory: you frantically scribble, desperate not to miss what is being said and when you get home you can't read your writing! On our courses you can relax, safe in the knowledge that everything we do is there in the manual for you to take home with you.
We produce and extensive Master / Teacher manual, running to 200 A4 pages. This is a complete and practical guide to Reiki at Master/Teacher level, containing text, digital images, flow-charts, summary sheets, Mind Map and illustrations.
The DVD Video
Our Master course is accompanied by a DVD containing approx. 30 minutes of footage, demonstrating how to carry out Reiju empowerments and Western attunements.
So you can really 'take the course home with you': detailed manuals, colour 'still' images, audio commentary, audio guided meditations and video footage.
PLEASE NOTE: We also have available a VHS video cassette for the benefit of people who do not own a DVD player.
All courses are accompanied by an attractive certificate written in Japanese kanji and Western text, displaying the seal of the Reiki Evolution school and signed by your teacher. In this case your certificate confirms that you have received instruction and Reiju empowerments, have satisfied the requirements of the "Shinpiden" level of Reiki, and are certified as a Master and a Teacher of Reiki.
The fee for the Reiki Master Teacher Course is £497, with a £147 deposit paid in advance, and the balance of £350 paid to your teacher on the first day of your course.
Coming to the Master Course from another Lineage? Follow our "Conversion Course"
If you have come from other lineages and have not been trained in the important techniques that have come from Japan, I would expect you to learn Japanese Reiki techniques before going on to do Mastership with Reiki Evolution. The new teachings are so important to the future development of Reiki in the West. The easiest way to achieve this is to redo your First and Second Degree training with us, so you are 'in tune' with the way we do things, but we can do this by way of a distance learning 'conversion course' based on sending you our Reiki1 and Reiki2 course manuals and two Audio CDs together with 'homework' instructions for you to carry out. We review your findings by phone or e-mail and we charge only a nominal £30 for this conversion course.
Here is the Course Schedule:
Note: Arrive at 9.30am. Finish time no later than 5.30pm
Reiki Master Course Day One
- Introduction to Reiki Mastership: Overview of the course
- Reiju Master-level empowerment
- Overview of Usui Sensei's original system and how we can echo his approaches
- Some New Symbols
- The Usui and 'Tibetan' Master symbols
- Review: students' experiences of the new energies
- The Reiki Kotodama: exploration of sacred sound
- Learn the Kotodama
- Experience their energies
- Learn how to use the Kotodama for self-healing and self-development, and during treatments
- Western Master attunement
- Overview: Western-style attunements
- Practice session: the Second Degree attunement
- Break the attunement into four stages: Setting the scene, Opening, Inserting Symbols, Closing
- Students demonstrate their knowledge in a variety of ways
- Receive helpful hints, pointers and explanations from the teacher
- Master attunements: how they differ from Second Degree
- First Degree attunements: how they differ from Second Degree
- Reiju Master-level empowerment
- Review of Day One: any questions and points arising
- The importance of Intent
- Directing energy using intent/visualisation: practice session
- "Frequency setting": practice session
- The importance of Intuition
- Expanding our experience of the "Reiji ho" method: practice session
- Perceiving the Chakras: practice session
- "Mind's Eye" Visual Shortcuts
- Reiju empowerment
- Students demonstrate 'basic' Reiju empowerments
- Practice Session: use Reiju on each other
- Receive helpful hints, pointers and explanations from the teacher
- Using Reiju at Second Degree and Master levels: explanation and practice session
- The benefits of Reiju empowerments
- Learn how to empower yourself in different ways and practise one method
Ongoing Support and Advice
We think that it is very important to keep in touch with people who have been through our courses.
We believe that this is just as important at Master level as it is at Reiki 1 and Reiki 2.
To find out how we do this for all our students and our Masters in particular, please look at the following paragraphs:
Firstly, here are the various ways that we support all our students:
- Internet Support/Discussion group for all our students who have an e-mail address. You can contact approx. 1,200 (September 2007 figures) other Reiki people who have done the same training as you, Reiki1s, Reiki2s and Masters. If you have any queries, if you have any ideas that you want to share, if you want to simply enthuse about something, then go ahead.
- Free distant Reiju empowerments each week anytime on a Monday. Every week you can 'tune yourself in' to a Reiju empowerment from Taggart, anytime on a Monday (and more than once if you like!). This will give your Reiki practice a real boost and echoes the way that Reiki was taught by Mikao Usui, with empowerments week-in week-out throughout your training.
- Access to updated versions of your Reiki1 and Reiki2 manuals. You can access future versions of the manuals for free via the homepage of our Internet discussion group.
- Free ongoing support and advice by e-mail or telephone.
- Separate Internet Discussion group for all our Masters who have an e-mail address. You can contact approx. 300 (September 2007 figures) other Reiki Masters who have done the same training as you. If you have any queries, if you have any ideas that you want to share, if you want to simply enthuse about something, then go ahead.
- Your students can join the two discussion groups.
- Access to updated versions of your Master manual. You can access new versions of the Master manual online. You also have access to our Reiki Evening Class guide, as well as various other Reiki images and symbols, via the discussion group's homepage.
- Audio CDs to accompany your Reiki1, Reiki 2 and Master courses. I am happy to supply you with these CDs - and Master Course DVD - to give out to your own students if you like. We make them available at half price.