Reiki 1st Degree: Shoden
These courses are available on a 1:1 basis only.
The Study Pack
You will have a chance to go through your study pack for usually a few weeks before the course, and this gives you a good grounding in the basics of Reiki. Imparting a load of information on a live course is a really ineffective way to learn or to teach, so we help you to get to grips with the 'knowledge' side of Reiki before you arrive on your day-course. The study pack consists of 2 manuals, the Equine Reiki 1 manual and the Simple Guide to Reiki 1st Degree, both written by Sarah Berrisford.
During the morning of your course, you will go through three simple and powerful 'connection' rituals, called 'Reiju' empowerments. These traditional Japanese empowerments open up the channels through which Reiki flows. They are equivalent to Western-style Reiki 'attunements' and enable you to use Reiki for your own benefit and for the benefit of the people around you - your family and friends. This ability will stay with you for life, you will never lose it, and Reiki works for everyone!
During the morning, you will start to work with your energy in different ways. You will learn to feel your own energy and you will practice feeling other people's energy, and we will run through and practice some Japanese energy exercises that you can use every day to balance your energy system and to make you a stronger and clearer channel for Reiki. These energy exercises come from Japanese Reiki, in its original and later forms, and have been missing from Western Reiki for 50 years.
Note: Arrive at 10am. Finish time no later than 4.00pm
General Overview of the course, introductions
- 'Reiju' spiritual empowerment (First of three connections to Reiki)
- Learn to work with energy: Simple exercises to feel your energy and that of other people
- Energy exercises: Learn the Japanese 'Hatsu Rei Ho' technique
- Self Treatments: Carry out a Japanese self-treatment 'meditation', and learn how self treatments are done Western-style.
- 'Treating Other People': Demonstration and Explanation
- Feeling the Energy Field: Practice
- 'Scanning': Practice
- Practice giving a Reiki treatment
- Receive a Reiki treatment
- 'Reiju' spiritual empowerment
- Equine Reiki Practical - approaching a treatment with a haltered horse
- Equine Reiki Practical - approaching a treatment from a distance or over the stable door
- 'Reiju' spiritual empowerment
- Equine Reiki Practical - approaching a treatment with the horse free in an area
All courses are accompanied by an attractive certificate signed by your teacher. In this case you will receive two certificates, one which confirms that you have received instruction and Reiju empowerments and have satisfied the requirements of the "First Degree" of Reiki and another for competing the Equine Reiki 1 course.
These certificates are suitable for working on your own and family and friends horses/ animals. If you would like to practice professionally, then you would need to go on to complete Reiki 2nd Degree, which is also available as a private course.
The fee for the First Degree Combined Course is £400, the full balance is payable to your teacher, by cash or bank transfer, on the day of your course.
Ongoing support and advice
Once you've been on your First Degree course we want you to know that your teacher will be on hand to deal with any questions or queries that you might have.
- Internet Support/Discussion group for all our students
- Free distant Reiju empowerments each week anytime on a Thursday. Every week you can 'tune yourself in' to a Reiju empowerment from Sarah, anytime on a Monday (and more than once if you like!). This will give your Reiki practice a real boost and echoes the way that Reiki was taught by Mikao Usui, with empowerments week-in week-out throughout your training.
- Free ongoing support and advice by e-mail or telephone.
- Free advertising on our website for Equine and Animal Reiki Practitioners
Course dates are arranged on a mutually convenient date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the course that you are interested in.